– October: Painting ‘Los Andes’ exhibited in the Wells Art Contemporary Competition, Somerset
– September: Solo exhibition, ‘colouring out’, at redearth gallery in Bickleigh, near Tiverton in Devon
– September: Outdoor installation, ‘Wrapt‘, on the sculpture trail in the Lyme Regis Arts Festival
– May: Site-specific installation, ‘Back to Basics’, at Delamore House and Sculpture Gardens
– Degree Show at Falmouth University
– 2nd year Show at Falmouth Poly, ‘1+2=2’
– 1st year show in Falmouth, ‘Definition’
-Painting selected for the Wells Art Contemporary competition exhibition at Bishop’s Palace, Wells
– Awarded the Wilhelmina Barnes-Graham ‘Travel Award to Italy’ Bursary from Falmouth University
– Shortlisted for the Spike Island Residency, Bristol
– Bronze Medal selected for the London Exhibition as part of the British Art Medal Society Competition
– Awarded Fast-track bursary to Falmouth University
-MA Sculpture Royal College of Art
–BA Hons Fine Art Falmouth University (First Class Honours)
Travelling artist, hiking around.
For me, making art is like walking. It creates the space for me to think, whilst allowing me to escape thinking. I become absorbed in the process. I have an inherent interest in form, abstraction, materials and how we interact with the space around us. I aim to reinvigorate our connection to our surroundings by drawing us back to the present moment; the here and now. Often influenced by my experiences of hiking solo around South America, Austria and the UK, I make installations which question the boundaries between art and life, person and object, material and space. These mostly fragile and temporal interventions respond directly to the history and foundations of specific locations both physically and ideologically, becoming dependent on the changeable nature of our environment and unpredictable individual responses.
I am currently exploring how symbols and shapes are used as a tool of visual communication, in order to generate meanings and associations.